Posts Tagged ‘businesses’
Facebook is a great resource to find out about organizations and businesses in your area. We’ve put together a list of Portland Pages you just might like.
Note: There are now so many listings on the LilyToad site – I encourage you to check out the individual pages for each category. As I update and add you’ll find more Facebook links posted on these pages.
- We Are Abel – Their mission is to nurture, support and educate families and children affected by Cerebral Palsy and Birth Trauma.
- Poison Center of Oregon Alaska and Guam - The Poison Center is a 24-hour health care information and treatment resource serving the state of Oregon, the territories of Alaska and Guam.
- Portland Toy Drive - Raises donations of toys and books for children in need year-round.
- Slow Food Portland - Celebrating good, clean, and fair food.
- Portland Fruit Tree Project - Empowering neighbors to share in the bounty and care of urban fruit trees.
- Children First for Oregon - Independent child advocacy organization.
- Full House MOMS & Dads - Support group dedicated to educate and assist families of twins, triplets, and higher order multiples.
- Cafe au Play – Non-profit cafe/community center with play areas and activities – and a coffeehouse.
- Isobel’s Clubhouse – Central Portland’s living room; a place for all ages to meet, play and build community.
- Portland Center Stage – Regional theater company bringing stories to life in unexpected ways.
- Oregon Ballet Theatre – Offers many programs for the community.
- The Children’s Book Bank – Collects, repairs, and packages community-donated used books which are made available to Portland families – free of charge.
- Oregon Humane Society - No family is complete without a pet (unless, of course, there is an allergy issue). OHS is the largest and oldest humane society in the Pacific Northwest. Consider adopting a pet today!
- Adoption Mosaic – Their mission is connect, honor and serve the adoption community through innovative education, practices and support.
- Ethos Music Center - Non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion of music and music-based education for youth in underserved communities. Lessons, music camps.
- Raphael House of Portland - A multi-faceted domestic violence agency dedicated to ending intimate partner violence for good. We serve individuals and families of all backgrounds, cultures, ages, and sexual orientations. If you or someone you know is in crisis, we hope you will find the support you need here or by calling a crisis line – (503) 222-6222 in the Portland Metro Area or nation-wide at (800) 799-SAFE.
- CHAP/Children’s Healing Art Project -Brings the healing power of art to children in crisis and their families through a mobile team of teaching artists working in partnership with hospitals, schools, community organizations and local businesses, creating programs through which children are known for their creativity and ingenuity and not by their disease, diagnosis, or disability.
- Chelsea Hicks Foundation - Donate NEW costumes and accessories to support CHELSEA’S CLOSET today!! The Chelsea Hicks Foundation was created to inspire hope and healing to seriously and critically ill children and their families.
- Schoolhouse Supplies - An award-winning nonprofit that gives free school supplies to students and teachers in need. Operates a Free Store for Teachers, the Tools for Schools Backpack Giveaway Program, and Schoolhouse Supplies Online.
- Baby Boot Camp, Portland Metro – Prenatal and postpartum fitness for Moms.
- Forest Park - Enjoy over 70 miles of trails.
- Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI)
- Audubon Kids PDX
- Oregon Zoo
- Portland Children’s Museum
- Tears of Joy Theatre – Award-winning puppetry.
- Creative Recycling Workshops and Green Crafts
- Scrap PDX – Creative reuse center in NE Portland.
- Northwest Children’s Theater and School – Their mission is to educate, entertain and enrich the lives of young audiences.
- Hoyt Arboretum - Portland’s global garden in the wild, where we grow and exhibit trees and plants from around the world while educating our community and conserving vitally important plant bio-diversity.
Events: (Please visit the Events pages for the most up-to-date listing.)
- Portland Oregon Autism Resource Guide
- Portland Home Birth Families
- Portland Green Parenting
- Portland New Fathers’ Group
- Woodlawn Swap n Play
- Human Solutions - Building pathways out of poverty
- Friends of the Children – Portland - Providing vulnerable children with a nurturing and sustained relationship with a professional mentor to teaches positive values to help each child become a healthy and productive member of the community.
- p:ear – Creatively mentoring homeless youth
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Portland Metropolitan Area - Provides thousands of young people with affordable, high-quality after-school and summer programs designed to help them develop the qualities needed to become responsible citizens and leaders.
- Create Plenty -Raising international awareness about the effects of single-use plastic on every living thing on earth.
Well, that’s a pretty good start… If you manage a Facebook page for a Portland organization/business or already Like a Portland page that we’ve missed, please let us know: