Family Focused Local Non-Profits
- Adoption Mosaic - Their mission is to connect, honor and serve the adoption community through innovative education, practices and support services. http://www.adoptionmosaic.org/ or Facebook.
- SCRAP PDX - Their mission is to inspire creative reuse and environmentally sustainable behavior by providing educational programs and affordable materials to the community. http://scrappdx.org/
- Children’s Relief Nursery - CRN provides early intervention, rehabilitation, and support services to families and children from birth through three who are at high risk of abuse or neglect. www.crn4kids.org
- The Pangaea Project - By engaging teenagers from underserved neighborhoods in local and international service-learning projects, The Pangaea Project promotes the development of leader-ship skills, increases global awareness, and fosters a commitment to work towards social change, profoundly transforming both the participants and their communities.
- Children’s Justice Alliance - The Children’s Justice Alliance is the organizing entity for a variety of partner programs that provide services for children of those involved in the criminal justice system and their families. www.childrensjusticealliance.org
- Cafe au Play – Coffeehouse with play areas for children and activities for children, caregivers, and the community. http://www.cafeauplay.org/index.html
- Oregon Food Bank – Working to fight hunger at it’s root causes through public policy advocacy, nutrition and garden education and helping communities strengthen local food systems. http://www.oregonfoodbank.org/
- Wraparound/Oregon - An initiative to build a coordinated system of services and supports for children and youth with complex mental health needs who are involved in multiple systems such as child welfare, juvenile justice, mental health and special education. http://www.wraparoundoregon.org/aboutus.php Overview (pdf)
- Oregon Humane Society – No family is complete without a pet (unless, of course, there is an allergy issue). OHS is the largest and oldest humane society in the Pacific Northwest. Consider adopting a pet today! http://www.oregonhumane.org/ On Facebook.
- Ethos Music Center – Non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion of music and music-based education for youth in underserved communities. Lessons, music camps. For more information go to their website, or Facebook.
- Raphael House of Portland - Founded in 1977, Raphael House of Portland is a multi-faceted domestic violence agency dedicated to fighting the causes and effects of intimate partner violence in a variety of ways. We offer emergency shelter in a confidential location, a 24-hour in-house crisis line, transitional housing and advocacy programs, non-residential advocacy in partnership with the Portland Police Bureau, and also work to bring an end to violence through community outreach and education. For information go to their website, or Facebook.
- CHAP/Children’s Healing Art Project - Brings the healing power of art to children in crisis and their families through a mobile team of teaching artists working in partnership with hospitals, schools, community organizations and local businesses, creating programs through which children are known for their creativity and ingenuity and not by their disease, diagnosis, or disability. For more information go to their website, or Facebook.
- Schoolhouse Supplies - An award-winning nonprofit that gives free school supplies to students and teachers in need. Operates a Free Store for Teachers, the Tools for Schools Backpack Giveaway Program, and Schoolhouse Supplies Online. For more information go to their website, or Facebook.
If you know of a local non-profit organization
that you would like added to this list please email LilyToad: