Budgets. Banking. Finance.
Note: I am creating this list as a resource for parents. I am not endorsing any of these apps. If I find some that you all rave about I’ll start a rating system.
You’ll find mobile apps on LilyToad’s Pinterest Board: Apps / Budgets.Banking.Finance.
(Phone Code: iP=iPhone, And=Android, BB=Blackberry)
- Bank of Mom- Sets up bank accounts for each of your kids. With these, your children can withdraw and deposit while learning the importance of financial responsibility. [iP]
- Ace Budget – Your e-checkbook register. Enter purchases on your phone and forget about saving receipts. Turns your spending habits into pie charts. [iP]
- CollegeSave – Estimates the cost of an education for your child and tells you what to save each month. [iP]
- Pageonce – Tracks your accounts and has a payments due feature that tells you when it’s time to pay. If you lose your phone you can login online and block access to your account. [iP]
- Mint.com – Gives you all-in-one money management for cards, bank accounts, investments, budgeting, income and expenditures. Automatically syncs with your financial institutions and delivers all the info to you. One-click security keeps your info private and offers online deactivation if you lose your phone. [iP]
- HomeBudget with Sync – Expense tracker designed to help you budget, log, and control your monthly expenses. [iP]