The following apps have been selected because I consider them family-focused and parenting related. Some I’ve found myself and others have been recommended to me from local parents and friends of LilyToad. Some apps are free. Check the websites to find out about fees. If you’d like to add to the list all you have to do is leave a comment or email LilyToad at:.
Note: I am creating this list as a resource for parents. I am not endorsing any of these apps. If I find some that you all rave about I’ll start a rating system.
I’ve recently come across some great sites with tons and tons of apps. Take some time to check out the apps they have listed. There are some great apps to be had!
(Phone Code: iP=iPhone, And=Android, BB=Blackberry)
- Moms With Apps - A collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families. Most of our membership is comprised of parents who have launched their own apps on the App Store, have their own access to iTunes Connect, and have the time and inclination to share best practices with other app developers. [iP]
- AppAble - We are here to help promote apps (and their Developers) that benefit the Special Needs Community. We will also be a place for people to ask and give app advice to SN parents and teachers. We hope Developers will be active members of the page. Advising how to get the best out of their apps and also listening to what WE all would like to see added to the app world for our kids. Website. [iP]
- Special Apps, Special Kids - Apps for all Kids, Resources for the special needs community. Website. [iP]
- Fun Educational Apps – Lots of apps to choose from. Looks like great fun! [iP]
- Smart Apps For Kids - Every day we pick what we affectionately call the Good Free App of the Day, an app that we have downloaded, tested and certified: It can’t have a ton of ads or just a little content with a ton of in-app purchases. [iP, iPad]