- Portland Metro Area / Preschool & Childcare Directory - A comprehensive guide to childcare in the Portland area. For more information go to their website.
- CCR&R of Multnomah County - Non-profit, state designated resources and referral agency serving the diverse community of Multnomah County. Check out their website for more info.
- Sittercity / Portland - Search Portland for babysitters. Website.
- Care.com / Portland - Search for Portland babysitters. Website.
- Care4Hire / Portland – Search for Portland babysitters. Website.
- GreatAupair - Search for Portland babysitters. For more info go to their website.
- Roseway Roots Child Care - In-home family daycare located in the Roseway neighborhood of NE Portland. For more information go to their website.
- UrbanSitter – Founded by busy parent, it’s an online resource where parents go to find and book babysitters recommended by people they know. For more information go to their website, or Facebook.
- WeVillage/ Drop-In Playcare - Need a few hours at the spa or to do some quiet shopping? Have an important meeting & no one to watch the kids? Looking forward to a romantic evening with your partner? You drop. You go. They take care of your kids. For more info go to their website, or Facebook. (WeVillage is also a Pre-School, go to Education/Schools page for info.)
- Purple Moon Child Development Child Care – Provides a safe and nurturing environment while offering a developmentally appropriate program designed to enhance each child’s self-esteem, sense of competence and a positive approach towards learning and education. For more info go to their website, or Facebook.
- Savvy Nannies - They provide permanent placement for full time or part time care. Also temporary nannies (hired for under six months); nanny share (two families combine care in one or both homes); and on-call nanny service (hired on an as-needed basis). For more information go to their website, or Facebook.
- Next Generation Kids Childcare Center - A certified daycare center located in the John’s Landing Neighborhood of SW Portland. offer programs from 3 to 5 days per week. Also, we offer full day dependant care for wobblers, toddlers, twos, threes, fours, and five year olds. For more info go to their website.
Do you have a child between the ages of 11 and 15 who would like to become a certified babysitter?
The Oregon Red Cross offers The Red Cross Babysitter’s Training Course. Learn what you need to know to be the best and most responsible babysitter. The course teaches how to:
- Interview for a babysitting job
- Choose safe and age-appropriate toys and games
- Perform First Aid
- Learn diapering and feeding techniques
- Handle bedtime issues
- Have a safe babysitting experience
- And more…
For more information check out their website.